Sunday, January 19, 2014

About the Instructor



About the Instructor

Hi!  My name is Robin Williams, and I am a Master Signing Time Instructor!

I am certified by Signing Time Academy, a division of Two Little Hands Productions, producers of Signing Time, the award winning series of DVDs and support materials that teaching little ones and their parents how to sign!  I am the Co-Author of the guide Enhance Literacy Instruction Using for Signing Time, which shows how teaching ASL to hearing children can improve their literacy skills.  I have also Co-Authored Using Sign Language in the Classroom  and Using Signing Time in Early Childhood Settings: A Guide for Educators.

I have been using American Sign Language for the past 14 years.  As a mother of an infant and a toddler, sign language has been a valuable tool for communication since birth.  My toddler has speech and other developmental delays.  American Sign Language has helped to reduce frustration with communication, as well as improve his oral vocabulary and reading skills.  

My son absolutely loves Signing Time!  It is his favorite DVD  to watch.  He knows a plethora of words in ASL and uses them daily to enhance his communication skills.  He now enjoys teaching his little baby sister how to use sign language.  My daughter started signing when she was 9 months old.

What are my qualifications?

*Master Signing Time Instructor
*Clear CA Teaching Credential
*Taught 8 years in elementary school, grades 2-6
*Master Degree in Teaching with a Reading Specialization
*Studied American Sign Language at BYU for 3 years
*ASL interpreter in Utah for 1 year
*I have taught my infant and toddler American Sign Language since birth.



No comments:

Post a Comment